Fabric Hurricane Storm Panels for Tampa, Sarasota, St. Petersburg, Pinellas County, and Largo, FL, and Surrounding Areas
The newest innovation in Hurricane protection
StormFitters® recommends Fabric Storm Panels, the ultimate in strength, appearance and convenience, for many applications, including odd shaped windows and patios. We are authorized distributors of several wind abatement screen products and of Wayne-Dalton Fabric-Shield™ Panels, a highly-effective alternative to steel or aluminum hurricane panels. These PVC-coated, woven fabric-panels are tested to block wind, rain and storm-driven, air-born debris and projectiles. Be sure to check out the videos below that demonstrate the power and strength of Wayne-Dalton Fabric Storm Panels against traditional barrier methods of covering doors and windows.
- Excellent protection – strong woven fabric that has tested to equal or exceed protection as compared to plywood or hurricane panels
- Light penetration – both during storms and throughout power outages
- Lightest panels available – easy to install on second story houses and condos with minimal fastening constraints, even by only one person!
- Easy to handle – No sharp edges to watch out for while installing or carrying
- Trouble-free storage – roll up when not in use and lay flat or vertical
- Aesthetical choice – Attractive and subtle protection you won’t mind leaving on
- Custom sizes & colors – fit the window and door openings in your home and match with your particular colors
Testing and Code Compliant
Don’t let the name “fabric” fool you. These are strong PVC-coated fabrics with a PVC-vinyl weave tested to block wind, rain and storm-driven projectiles and still last through decades of wear and tear. Fabric-Shield® Panels have performed excellently against standard 2” x 4” projectile tests (as seen in the videos below) and still provide excellent protection storm after storm. While one projectile is enough to compromise the integrity of plywood or panels during a storm, Fabric-Shield® Panels will offer peace-of-mind when you need it most.
In fact, fabric panels are compliant with:
- Florida Building Code product approval (www.floridabuilding.org)
- Texas Department of Insurance Evaluation Services (www.tdi.state.tx.us)
- International Building Code compliant
Wayne-Dalton Fabric-Shield™ Storm Products have been evaluated for windload, impact and cyclic testing and meet the following test standards (results available):
- Florida Building Code, International Building Code compliant, TDI approval
- ASTM – E-1886, E-1996
- Design Pressure +62 / -66 PSF (Size Dependent)
Protect your home from storm damage with Fabric-Shield™
Fabric-Shield™ Storm Panels Large Missile Product Comparison
Fabric Hurricane Protection – Tampa Bay